Please contact us and fill in the questionnaire if you would like us to consider you as a suitable owner. We receive a lot of enquiries and therefore we cannot always give an instant response.
Ensure that you provide us with as much information as you can.
We have many more enquiries than we have kittens available and so this means if you are interested one of our babies and we approve that you are suitable as an owner you will sometimes have to wait 6 – 12 months or more.
We do provide regular updates and photos on our Facebook page, so this is a good place to find out more information.
Availability of Adult Ex-Breding Cats
We have no adult cats looking for homes at this time.
INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE OWNERS
Our cats have been DNA tested negative for Hypokalaemia and Gangliosidosis.
It is extremely important when searching for Burmese and any of the breeds related to Burmese (Mandalay, Burmilla, Tonkinese, Tiffany, Bombay) ensure that the breeder has at the least tested their breeding cats for Hypokalaemia.
Our kittens are available to approved homes only – not on a first-in-first-served basis.
Types of homes suitable for our kittens:
- We strongly recommend that our kittens are kept as ‘indoor cats’ for their entire lives – or at the very least for the first 6 months, and at night time thereafter. There are, of course exceptions to this – one being if your house is situated well away from any roads, for example in some rural situations. We would still recommend that they are kept inside at night time.
indoor cat is a safe cat!”
- You must be willing to commit to owning and looking after the kitten for its entire life (up to 20 or more years in some cases!), owning a cat is a commitment for the lifetime of the cat.
- You must be aware that there is ongoing financial cost in owning and caring for a cat and you MUST be willing to seek veterinary attention when required.
- Homes with more than three cats are not really suitable (in general the more cats in a household, the more likely behavioural issues are to arise).
- Burmese are generally good with dogs, however they must be cat-friendly dogs to begin with.
What new owners should expect to receive with one of our kittens:
- Our kittens are house-reared with their Mum and are a part of our busy household which includes other cats and two very cat friendly dogs. This means that they are well socialised & prepared for their new homes by the time they are ready to go. Although we do not have children, feedback has been great from owners that our kittens get on very well with children of varying ages.
- Kittens are all registered with New Zealand Cat Fancy Inc
- Kittens are all microchipped before they leave, and registered on the New Zealand Companion Animal Register
- Kittens are desexed, will have had at least their first vaccination and will have been treated for worms and fleas
- We provide kitten packs for our new owners, and so you will receive a starter kit that includes instructions for redeeming a free a bag of biscuits and discount vouchers.
- We provide a blanket for every kitten to take to their new home, this gives them something familiar in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Our kitten care information booklet
- 6 weeks of free pet insurance available upon request
- We also have a written agreement which we sign as well as the new kitten or cat owner. This outlines our expectations when it comes to welfare of the kitten throughout its life, gives a health guarantee and commits us to be available at any stage to provide information with regard to health and well being of the kitten or cat.