- We strongly recommend that our kittens are kept as ‘indoor cats’ for their entire lives – or at the very least for the first 6 months, and at night time thereafter. There are, of course exceptions to this – one being if your house is situated well away from any roads, for example in some rural situations. We would still recommend that they are kept inside at night time.
indoor cat is a safe cat!”
- You must be willing to commit to owning and looking after the kitten for its entire life (up to 20 or more years in some cases!), owning a cat is a commitment for the lifetime of the cat.
- You must be aware that there is ongoing financial cost in owning and caring for a cat and you MUST be willing to seek veterinary attention when required.
- Homes with more than three cats are not really suitable (in general the more cats in a household, the more likely behavioural issues are to arise).
- Burmese are generally good with dogs, however they must be cat-friendly dogs to begin with.